What personal data was collected?
Information You Provide Directly
Account Information: When you register for an account, we collect information that identifies you such as your name, username, email address and password.
Profile Information: We collect information that you voluntarily provide in your user profile; this may include your public avatar (which may be a photo), additional email addresses, company/organization name, job title, country, social media handles, and biography.
Contact Information: If you sign up for notifications or events, recolic.net may collect information such as name, email address.
We may also collect other content that you submit to our Services. For example: feedback, comments and blog posts, or when you participate in any interactive features, sweepstakes, activities or events.
Information We Collect Automatically
Device Information and Identifiers: When you access and use our Services, we automatically collect information about your device, which may include: user-agent of your browser; language preference; IP address; cookie identifiers; and hardware identifiers.
Website Usage Data: When you visit our Websites, we automatically log information about how you interact with the sites, such as the referring site, data and time of visit, and the pages you have viewed or links clicked on.
Information from Third parties
Third Party sign-in services: GitLab allows you to sign up for/in to our Services using third party accounts, such as Facebook or Google. When you give permission for this to happen, GitLab will receive information about you from your third-party account, such as name, email address, location and demographic information.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. And you may use web browser or operating system controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain products or features, those products or features may not be available or function correctly.
How is your personal data used?
recolic.net uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create your account, identify and authenticate your access to the Services and provide you with the Services you have requested;
- To process your payment for the Services you have purchased;
- To understand how our Services are used and to improve our Services;
- To send you important information about the Services;
- To send you information you have requested;
- To respond to your requests for customer support;
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, spam and abuse to protect you, recolic.net, and third parties;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
Who is your personal data shared with?
- Sharing with other users and the Public
We may share your personal data with other users of the Services and with the public if you choose to make your SaaS Profile public. You have control over what information is public. To change your settings, go to User Settings in your profile. You should also be aware that any information you share as part of a project, blog, website etc. may be publicly available and you should consider this carefully when interacting with the Services.
- Sharing with Service Providers
We share your personal data with our service providers. These are companies who provide services on our behalf, such as hosting our services, social, analytics, security and other such similar services. These companies are subject to contractual requirements that govern the security and confidentiality of your information.
For example, we use cloud service providers, such as Linode and Microsoft Azure, to help us hosting our Services. If you are using Google or Github to login to git.recolic.net, we also share your information with them.
- Law Enforcement
recolic.net may disclose personal data or other information we collect about you to law enforcement if required in response to a valid subpoena, court order, a similar government order, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to protect our property or rights, or those of third parties or the public at large.
We are only accepting orders from local governments or local courts, where "local" means the server location.
Where is your personal data stored?
Your personal data may only be stored in the the United States, Taiwan, and Lithuania.
Under certain circumstances and depending on where you are based, you have rights under privacy laws such as the CCPA (California), GDPR (Europe, Brazil), PIPEDA (Canada), or others in relation to your Personal Data. This section describes these rights and explains how to exercise them. Note that recolic.net allows any person to exercise the rights listed below and we will not take any action against you for exercising your privacy rights.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a readable format.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you that is inaccurate.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data from our systems.
- Object to processing of your personal data (we will treat this as a request for deletion).
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data (we will treat this as a request for deletion).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party (we will treat this as an access request).
- Withdraw consent at any time (we will treat this as a request for data deletion).
- Request us not to sell your personal data. Note that we will never sell your data on to third parties.
- How to make a request
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must clearly include the following information in your request:
- Which right are you exercising.
- Your country, and your state/province.
- Your name and email address.
- More details.
Your request must contain information that allow us to reasonably verify your identity. For example, you may send from the email address of your account, you may use a PGP signature or government-issued document. We will only use personal data provided in a request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to an unauthorized person. If your request cannot be fulfilled, we will inform you of the reason.
About International data transfer
For users based in the European Economic Area, we may store and process your personal data outside the EEA. We may transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.